The Services are operated by Anobii Limited, a company registered in England (company registration no. 07282115) whose registered office is at 5-9 Hatton Wall, EC1N 8HX, United Kingdom (“we”, “us”). Anobii Limited is a subsidiary of Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd whose registered office is 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT.
For the purposes of data protection law, Anobii Limited is the data controller of any information received from or in connection with the Services. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with number Z2651471.
If you have any requests concerning our use of your personal information or any queries with regard to our privacy practices, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information we collect about you when you access or otherwise use the Services falls into the following three categories:
Personal information you provide
We collect personal information from users of the Services through the use of on-line forms (for example when you register to create an account in order to participate in our community and connect with like-minded people), upload a review or add books to your shelf, download or sign up to receive a Service and every time you e-mail us your details.
The personal information you provide to us may include:
• Your name, address and email address.
• Demographic information such as age, gender and country of residence.
• Your relationship status.
• Your buddy icon, photograph or image.
• Information on your reading habits and preferences, which may be used to better understand you and your lifestyle and preferences in order to serve you personalised adverts and content. • Your payment information, if you purchase an ebook through the Services.
• A record of any correspondence between you and us (such as customer enquiry e-mails).
You may use the Services without creating an account and providing your personal information to us. However, if you choose not to create an account you may not be able to use the Services to their fullest extent. For example, you will be unable to create your own shelf or write a review.
Information collected automatically from your computer or other device.
• Your IP address, which is the unique address of your computer or device and which is automatically provided when your web browser or email application requests a web page or email. This enables us to deliver the Services you have requested. We may also use your IP address for the purpose of aggregate statistics reporting.
• Data collected from “Web beacons” including information about your journey across the Internet and your browsing behaviour around various websites, including interactions with adverts, within our network.
• Information about the type of web browser you are using (for example Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari). This helps us to deliver the Services in a way that is most compatible with your particular software.
Information provided by third parties
The Services may allow you to pull certain information from, and share certain information through, any third party social networking accounts you have, such as accounts with Facebook and Twitter (such as information about the books or authors that you like).
In order to do so, we will require access to some of your personal information stored on these sites. However we will only access personal information you hold on third party social networking sites where you have instructed us to do so, and in accordance with the privacy permissions you have set with those third party sites to enable them to share your personal information.
If you instruct us to access personal information held with a third party social networking site, please note that your personal information held with that social networking site may become visible and accessible to other users of the Services. Similarly, depending on the privacy settings you have chosen with the third party social networking site, your use of the Services may be posted to, and become visible to other users of, that third party network site.
Please note that it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings with each third party social networking site that you instruct us to access, and we recommend that you check these before instructing us to access your personal information on any such third party social networking site.
Use of your personal information
We process personal information collected via your use of the Services for the purposes of:
• Providing, improving, promoting and personalising the Services;
• Dealing with your inquiries and requests;
• Administering your account, including maintaining your shelf and online preferences;
• Processing and fulfilling orders for ebooks you have purchased;
• Allocating you Nectar points if you’ve registered your Nectar card and make a purchase;
• Contacting you by post, telephone, email or SMS with information and news about products, services, special offers and events that we think may interest you, provided that this in accordance with your expressed marketing preferences. You can manage your marketing preferences here; and
• Allowing companies within the Sainsbury’s group of companies, of which Anobii Ltd is a part, to contact you by post, telephone, email or SMS with information and news about products, services, special offers and events that Sainsbury’s think may interest you, provided that this in accordance with your expressed marketing preferences. You can manage your marketing preferences here.
We also use certain aggregate information about our visitors to the Website and/or users of the other Services (so that no individuals are identified) to measure the effectiveness of Website content the Services, to keep track of users’ browsing patterns, to build up a demographic profile of our users, and to gather statistical information about visitors to the Website for analytical and strategic development purposes.
If you purchase ebooks through the Website, your payment information will only be used to check that it is a valid method of payment and to process your payment. No payment information is kept by us or our billing provider other than to facilitate the provision of the Services to you (for example, storing your credit or debit card number for quick payment). You will always be able to remove any such stored payment details.
We may disclose your personal information to:
• Other users. Your profile is visible to other eBooks by Sainsbury’s users and may also be accessible via search engine listings, such as Google;
• Other companies within the Sainsbury’s group of companies of which Anobii Ltd is a part. A list of the companies can be obtained from email@example.com;
• We may share certain aggregate data relating to users’ purchases, purchasing habits and usage of the Services with our affiliate publishers (but no individual will be identifiable from such data);
• To allocate Nectar points we will pass limited information to Loyalty Management UK Limited who operate the Nectar programme;
• Successors in title to our business or as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or re-organisation of Anobii Ltd or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates;
• Our billing provider for the purpose of processing payments and fulfilling ebook orders;
• Suppliers and services providers we engage to process data on our behalf,; or
• Where necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory requirement to which we are subject or to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party, to a competent court, government body, regulator, law enforcement agency or other applicable authority.
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you (which may be subject to a fee specified by law). You also have the right to request that we update or delete any incorrect or out-of-date personal information we hold about you, and to opt out of any marketing communications we send to you (even if you previously consented to receive them).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.